Pages

Friday 12 August 2022

An Inquiry into Reading in Room 10 - Profiling

 Profiling

It is very vital, that thorough profiling of our students is done before beginning any inquiry into their achievement and the gaps in their learning. Despite a wavey start to this academic year, I have spent some time profiling my learners. There are six students in my target group. Since reading is the main area of concern in our Maniakalani cluster, and students are not achieving in this area, I have chosen to focus my inquiry on reading this year.

What I wanted to know?

I wanted to find out the progress made in reading for this group of students and if they had accelerated in reading at any stage and how much they had accelerated. After data collection, I wanted to analyze what had been happening and at what year level did the major changes occur.


The Target Group

There are six students in the target group. Out of the six students in the group, there are three Maori male students, one Maori female student, one Colombian male student, and one Tongan female student. Four of these students are in year 6 and two are in year 7.






No comments:

Post a Comment